XORP Papers and Presentations
- Decoupling Policy from Protocols
- Andrea Bittau, Mark Handley
- This is a draft paper which discusses the XORP policy framework, the architectural problems we faced, and the solution deployed in XORP.
- Feb 2006.
- XORP Tutorial
- Mark Handley
- Powerpoint presentation introducing the motivation behind XORP, the design and function of some of the major components, and some musings on where we're going.
- PDF version without animations.
- 18th December 2005.
- Designing Extensible IP Router Software
- Mark Handley, Eddie Kohler, Atanu Ghosh, Orion Hodson, Pavlin Radoslavov
- In the proceedings of the 2nd USENIX Symposium on Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI) 2005.
- This paper gives an idea of the XORP design philosophy, with
particular examples from BGP and the RIB. It also includes a
preliminary performance evaluation.
- XORP goals and architecture
- Mark Handley, Orion Hodson, Eddie Kohler.
- A short paper that appeared on ACM SIGCOMM Hot Topics in
Networking 2002, which describes the goals and some key aspects of the
- Initial project proposal
- Mark Handley.
- The original project proposal that started this all off in 2000.